Let’s all say it together…1, 2, 3….IT’S FALL! One of Asher’s favorite seasons of the year. A time for soft, cozy sweaters, bonfires, spooky films, and chocolate! The feeling of snuggling up in your favorite fluffy blanket, ready to watch a scary movie with your friends/family, is simply the best! And to help enhance your film watching experience, Asher’s recommends having something sweet much on!
Inspired by our delicious, creamy Asher’s Milk Chocolate Almond Bark, we’re sharing this easy–to–make Halloween chocolate bark recipe that your guests will drool over! With the sweet, crunchy taste between every delicately broken piece of chocolate, everyone will devour the entire plate. Yum!!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Chill Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (2 oz.)
- Line a large half sheet baking pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set it aside.
2. Melt the semi-sweet chocolate either on the stove or in the microwave:
a) On the stove: Bring 2 inches of water to a low simmer in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Then, turn the heat to low and place a large heatproof bowl of chocolate chips on the mouth of the pot. Make sure that there is a gap of a few inches between the bottom of the bowl and the water (You can also place a bowl on a steamer attachment on top of your pot). Stir the chocolate constantly as it melts. Stir until the chocolate is completely smooth and melted. This should take a few minutes.
b) In the microwave: The second way to melt chocolate (and an easier way) is in the microwave. Place the chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals. Remove the bowl at each interval and stir well. Repeat until the chocolate has completely melted. Stir until completely smooth.
3. Melt the white chocolate by repeating the above process.
4. Spread the melted semi-sweet chocolate in a thin layer onto the prepared baking sheet, forming an approximate 9×12-inch rectangle, about ⅓-inch thick. Dollop the melted white chocolate on top. Use a toothpick to swirl the semi-sweet and white chocolates together.
6. Transfer the pan to the refrigerator to allow the chocolate to set, 45 minutes. Transfer the parchment paper to a cutting board and cut the bark into pieces. Serve and enjoy!
How to store
Once the bark has completely cooled and set, you can break it up and transfer it to an airtight container or a sealed plastic bag and store at room temperature for 3-4 weeks. Keep it in a cool area to prevent it from melting. You can also store it in the fridge.
How to freeze
Because this bark is specific to Halloween, you may not want to keep it around until Christmas, but if you’re making it ahead of the holiday, you can store it in a freezer-safe airtight container or freezer bag for up to 3 months.
Adapt to fit different holidays
One thing that we love about this easy and delicious recipe is that it can be adapted to fit almost any holiday — Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Easter, 4th of July, etc.! Just change the colors and types of the candy you use to reflect whatever is seasonally appropriate.
Source – https://www.aheadofthyme.com/halloween-bark/